Famous Like Me > Actor > M > Dick Murdoch
From Wikipedia, the free Encyclopedia
Profile of Dick Murdoch
on Famous Like Me
|Also Know As:
|Date of Birth:
||16th August 1947
|Place of Birth:
||Waxahachie, Texas, USA
Dick Murdoch (August 16, 1946 - June 15, 1996) was a professional wrestler.
Dick Murdoch started wrestling in 1965 as Ron Carson in a tag team with Don Carson. He soon started wrestling under his real name.
In 1968, he formed a tag team that would continue throught the early 1970's with Dusty Rhodes called "The Texas Outlaws". After splitting with Rhodes, he wrestled for Florida Championship Wrestling, the National Wrestling Alliance and Mid-South Wrestling.
In 1984, he went to the World Wrestling Federation and formed a tag team with Adrian Adonis that captured the World Tag Team Titles. He left the WWF in 1985 and wrestled in Mid-South Wrestling briefly before turning up in the NWA's Jim Crockett Promotions in 1986. He feuded with Ric Flair and attempted to win Flair's NWA World Title.
In early 1987, Murdoch joined Ivan Koloff and Vladimir Petrov in their attempt to get Nikita Koloff and Dusty Rhodes. Murdoch injured Nikita's neck after a brain-buster suplex on the floor that summer.
Murdoch left the NWA and wrestled in the World Wrestling Council before appearing in World Championship Wrestling as one half of the "Hardliners" with Dick Slater in 1991. They feuded with Rick and Scott Steiner but could not win their titles.
Murdoch was one of the entrants in the 1995 WWF Royal Rumble.
Murdoch was wrestling in the independents when he died of a heart attack on June 15, 1996.
- Height: 6 ft 2 in (188 cm)
- Weight: 310 lb (141 kg)
- Born: August 16, 1946
- Died: June 15, 1996
- Town of birth: Waxahachie, Texas
- Trained by: Killer Karl Kox, Bob Geigel, Pat O'Connor
- Nickname: Captain Redneck
- Other Gimmicks: Black Ace, Ron Carson, The Invader, Super Rodeo Machine
- Joe Don Smith
- Paul Jones
- Oliver Humperdink
- Eddie Gilbert
- Jim Cornette
- Skandor Akbar
Finishing and signature moves
Championships and accomplishments
National Wrestling Alliance
- 1-Time NWA World Tag Team Champion (Detroit version) (with Dusty Rhodes)
- 1-Time NWA World Tag Team Champion (Mid-America version) (with Don Carson)
- 1-Time NWA United States Tag Team Champion (with Ivan Koloff)
World Wrestling Federation
- 1-Time WWF World Tag Team Champion (with Adrian Adonis)
- 4-Time NWA Tri-State North American Champion
- 1-Time Mid-South North American Champion
- 3-Time Mid-South Tag Team Champion (with Junkyard Dog)
Central States Wrestling
- 2-Time Central States Heavyweight Champion
- 4-Time Central States Tag Team Champion (with Dusty Rhodes, Bob Sweetan twice and Bob Brown)
- 2-Time Central States Missouri Champion
World Wrestling Council
- 1-Time WWC Universal Heavyweight Champion
- 2-Time WWC Television Champion
Florida Championship Wrestling
- 1-Time Florida Southern Heavyweight Champion
- 2-Time Florida Tag Team Champion (with Dusty Rhodes and Bobby Duncum)
- 2-Time Southwest Championship Wrestling Champion
- 1-Time Western States Tag Team Champion (with Bobby Duncum)
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI ranked him # 96 of the 500 best singles wrestlers during the "PWI Years" in 2003. He was also ranked twice in the best tag teams of the "PWI Years". He was ranked # 35 with Adrian Adonis and # 45 with Masked Superstar.
- Murdoch also won the PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler Award in 1974.
- Murdoch is the cousin of wrestler Killer Tim Brooks.
- Murdoch appeared in 3 movies: Paradise Alley in 1978, Grunt! The Wrestling Movie in 1985 and Manhatten Merengue! in 1995.
|World Tag-Team Champions
|Graham/Tyler | Gotch/Goulet | Scicluna/Laukea | S. King/Ja. Strongbow | Garea/Calhoun | Tanaka/Fuji | Garea/Ho | Ji. Valiant/Jo. Valiant | DeNucci/Rivera | DeNucci/Barrett | Blackjacks (Lanza/Mulligan) | Parisi/Cerdan | Kowalski/Studd | - | Strongbow/Wolf | - | Tanaka/Fuji | DeNucci/Bravo | Pierre/Eric | Garea/Zbyszko | Jo. Valiant/Je. Valiant | Putski/Santana | Backlund/Morales | - | Garea/Martel | Moondogs (Rex/King) | Moondogs (Rex/Spot) | Garea/Martel | Fuji/Saito | Ja. Strongbow/Ju. Strongbow | Fuji/Saito | Ja. Strongbow/Ju. Strongbow | Samoans (Afa/Sika) | Johnson/Atlas Adonis/D. Murdoch Rotundo/Windham | Iron Sheik/Volkoff | Rotundo/Windham | Valentine/Beefcake | Bulldogs (Dynamite/Smith) | Hart Foundation (B. Hart/Neidhart) Santana/Martel | Demolition (Ax/Smash) | Brain Busters (Anderson/Blanchard) | Demolition (Ax/Smash) | André/Haku | Demolition (Ax/Smash) | Nasty Boys (Knobbs/Sags) | Money Inc. (DiBiase/I.R.S.) | Disasters (Earthquake/Typhoon) | Money Inc. (DiBiase/I.R.S.) | Steiners (R. Steiner/S. Steiner) | Money Inc. (DiBiase/I.R.S.) | Quebecers (Jacques/Pierre) | Jannetty/1-2-3 Kid | MOM (Mabel/Mo) | Headshrinkers (Samu/Fatu) | Diesel/Michaels | - | Holly/1-2-3 Kid | O. Hart/Yokozuna | Gunns (Billy/Bart) | - | Bodydonnas (Skip/Zip) | Godwinns (Henry/Phineas) | Gunns (Billy/Bart) | O. Hart/Bulldog | Michaels/Austin | Austin/Love | - | Headbangers | LOD (Hawk/Animal) | Cactus/Chainsaw | Kane/Mankind | Undertaker/Austin | Shamrock/Bossman | O. Hart/Jarrett | X-Pac/Kane | X-Pac/Kane | Undertaker/Big Show | Rock 'N' Sock Connection (Rock/Mankind) | Outlaws (Dogg/Gunn) | Hollys (Hardcore/Crash) | Mankind/Snow | Outlaws (Dogg/Gunn) | Too Cool (Sexay/Hotty) | RTC (Buchanan/Goodfather) | Rock/Undertaker | Brothers of Destruction (Undertaker/Kane) | Power Trip (Austin/HHH) | Jericho/Benoit | APA (Bradshaw/Faarooq) | DDP/Kanyon | Rock/Jericho | Booker/Test | Hardyz (M. Hardy/J. Hardy) | Tazz/S. Dudley | B&C (Billy/Chuck) | Rikishi/Rico | Hogan/Edge | Storm/Christian | Hurricane/Kane | Jericho/Christian | Booker/Goldust | Dudleyz (B. Dudley/D. Dudley) | Regal/Storm | - | Morley/Storm | RVD/Kane | La Résistance (Duprée/Grenier) | Booker/RVD | Evolution (Flair/Batista) | Benoit/Edge | La Résistance (Grenier/Conway) | E&R (Regal/Eugene) | Regal/Tajiri | The Super Heroes (Hurricane/Rosey) | Cade/T. Murdoch
This content from
Wikipedia is licensed under the
GNU Free Documentation License.
It uses material from the Wikipedia article Dick Murdoch