Famous Like Me > Actor > K > Satoshi Kojima
From Wikipedia, the free Encyclopedia
Profile of Satoshi Kojima
on Famous Like Me
|Also Know As:
|Date of Birth:
||14th September 1970
|Place of Birth:
||Katsuyama City, Tokyo, Japan
Satoshi Kojima (小島 聡 Kojima Satoshi) is a Japanese professional wrestler who currently works for All Japan Pro Wrestling.
Kojima entered the New Japan Pro Wrestling dojo in February of 1991. He debuted as a wrestler on September 14 in a match against Hiroyoshi Yamamoto, who would later adopt the stage name of Hiroyoshi Tenzan. In 1994 he defeated Manabu Nakanishi in the Young Lions Cup finals, winning the tournament. In the end of that year he went to Germany, and returned to NJPW in January of 1996. In May of 1997 he defeated Riki Choshu and Kensuke Sasaki with Nakanishi to become a IWGP Tag Team Champion for the first time. In the end of 1998 he joined nWo Japan. Kojima and Tenzan (known together as Tenkoji) formed a tag team and ended up holding the IWGP Tag Team titles together two times.
In January of 2002, in opposition to Antonio Inoki focusing the IWGP title on unreliable shoot style wrestlers such as Kazuyuki Fujita and Tadao Yasuda, Kojima left NJPW with his mentor Keiji Mutoh, and joined All Japan Pro Wrestling. He held both of the company's tag team titles, the World Tag Team Championship twice. In February of 2005 he won the Triple Crown, AJPW's unified heavyweight championship. Only four days later he won NJPW's heavyweight championship, the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship, from his former tag team partner Hiroyoshi Tenzan in a cross-promotional double title match. On May 14, 2005 Tenzan won the IWGP title back, but not the Triple Crown, which Kojima has now been concentrating on defending.
Kojima sometimes uses the Great Koji (copying Mutoh) and Great Kosuke (copying The Great Sasuke) personas in special matches. He learned the Lariat move directly from Stan Hansen, one of its most frequent and best users.
- Height: 183 cm
- Weight: 112 kg
- Date of birth: September 14, 1970
- Hometown: Katsuyama, Tokyo, Japan
- Professional debut: July 16, 1991 against Hiroyoshi Yamamoto
- Stage names: Great Koji, Great Kosuke, Satoshi Kojima
Finishers and signature moves
- Diving elbow drop
- Coji Crash Dynamite - CCD (modified reverse piledriver)
- Rydeen Bomb (sit out spinebuster)
- Koji Cutter (cutter)
- Avalanche Koji Cutter (cutter)
- Koji MAX (modified Fujiwara armbar)
Championships and accomplishments
All Japan Pro Wrestling
- 1-Time AJPW Triple Crown World Heavyweight Champion
- 2-Time AJPW World Tag Team Champion (with Taiyo Kea and Kaz Hayashi)
- 1-Time All Asia Tag Team Champion (with Shiryu)
- 1-Time IWGP World Heavyweight Champion
New Japan Pro Wrestling
- 3-Time IWGP World Tag Team Champion (with Manabu Nakanishi and Hiroyoshi Tenzan (twice))
Major League Wrestling
- 1-Time MLW Heavyweight Champion
- Young Lion Cup 1994 winner
- Super Grade Tag League 1998 winner (with Keiji Mutoh)
- G1 Tag League winner (with Hiroyoshi Tenzan)
- Real World Tag League 2002 winner (with Taiyo Kea)
- Real World Tag League 2003 winner (with Kaz Hayashi)
- Champion Carnival 2003 winner
- BAPE STA!! Tag Tournament 2003 winner (with Apeman)
- Fire Festival 2003 winner
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI ranked him # 275 of the 500 best singles wrestlers during the "PWI Years" in 2003.
- PWI ranked him # 3 of the 500 best singles wrestlers for the year 2005.
- Profile at Oudou Love, AJPW fansite
- Official profile at AJPW
This content from
Wikipedia is licensed under the
GNU Free Documentation License.
It uses material from the Wikipedia article Satoshi Kojima